Our Federally Certified Course uses training material Based upon the FHWA Model Curriculum, Follows PTDI's required curriculum for PTDI-certified schools.
Courses that are certified by the Federal Government.
This means: The courses are exempt from GST, tax deductible and meet requirements for funding.
Federally Certified Course Packages
- All of the CERTIFIED courses below include:
- 20 hours Certified Air Brakes Course
- 16 hours Commercial Transport Theory
- 4 hours Transportation/Handling of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- 3 hours Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- 7 hours Load Security Theory
- 8 hours Load Security Practical
- 30 hours observation time of on road training
Certified Class One & Three Course:
- In-Truck Content:
- Daily pre-trip inspections
- Daily log books procedures
- Defensive driving
- Shifting techniques /clutch control and techniques
- Gear selection, up-shifting and down-shifting
- Strategic positioning in traffic / intersections and cornering maneuvers
- Highway and downtown driving, and night driving
- Safe backing procedures, straight backing, offset backing
- Parallel parking
- Coupling/un-coupling the tractor-trailer unit
- Introduction to B-Train, Flat deck and Dry Van
- Last session includes final road test with ICBC
All textbooks included. A certificate is issued upon completion. These courses are GST exempt and tax deductible and tuition receipts will be issued.